Friday, May 15, 2009

Product Reviews: Makeup

Loreal's Bare Naturale: 2/5 - Ok in a pinch.

It was very hard to find the shade that worked for me. I followed their little chart thing and ended up buying three different shades before finding the right one. It was hard to get the right amount of powder on the brush, either I had to much or to little. Either way half the powder either ended up on the sink or on me. The whole time I used it (about two months) I couldn't get dressed before I put make up on. Also I never got what the finishing powder was for. I just use it as a late day touch up to get rid of my nose shines. It works great for that. All in all not worth the money I put into it between the several shades of foundation and the pointless finishing powder.

Pur Minerals: 4/5 - Not perfect but does a great job.

I purchased the Starter Kit about two weeks ago. I had help in the store picking the shade and should have listened to my gut telling me it wasn't right but surprisingly, even with a shade to light, it works great to balance the redness. The pressed powder doesn't get everywhere, unless I go way overboard on the amount I put on the brush, and overall I don't feel like I am wasting any. The "chiseled brush" that comes with the kit I am undecided about, I think I like the full, softer brushes better, but that might change with the right color shade. The bronzer and blush are the same, I don't see a difference or really the point, but that is probably because they are all a shade lighter then what they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment