Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another sinus infection.

First - Doctors really shouldn't be surprised at anything you say to them when in for a visit. Or, well, I should say they shouldn't act surprised. It's just a tad bit unnerving.

I have been having what I assumed to be allergy issues the past week or three. I would pop a Zyrtec and some Tylenol Cold and suffer through whatever they didn't take care of. Then last week I felt it in my ears and noticed that I was a lot more tired then I normally was, even after a rough night. Since this is how the last sinus infection in January started (that gave me pneumonia) I called the doc and ran in.

Sure enough its a sinus infection. Joy of joys. (eye-roll)

After she (the doc) came to this conclusion she asked how much pain I was in from it. When I said none (it really didn't hurt any, it was just uncomfortable and annoying, same as the one in Jan, that's how it got bad enough to give me pneumonia in the first place, I didn't know I was sick) she looked at me with the "you have got to be kidding" me face. After asking three more times, in three different ways, she finally decided I was telling the truth I guess and let it go. But it was still unnerving to be grilled about what kind of pain I was in and if I was *sure* it didn't hurt any.

So now I added another pill to my daily routine of allergy & cold meds (she told me not to stop it). I feel like I am old and need one of those pill calenders.

Morning - Antibiotics, allergy pill, and cold meds.
Afternoon - cold meds.
Evening - Antibiotics and cold meds.

Rinse lather repeat. Hopefully I will start feeling less stuffy and can back off the cold meds soon. I hate being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment