Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nothing we do is ever easy.

We aren't planning to move until the 25th. We have just started packing and getting things ready. Basically the house is a mess right now of boxes and random piles of stuff shoved in any possible place possible to keep the rooms fairly open to keep packing up other crap.

The landlord calls last night. They put an ad out for the apartment and have received quite a few calls regarding it. They would like to start showing the place to hopefully get someone to rent right away.

While I understand this, the house is NOT going to show well. Its going to be cluttered and cramped. The already somewhat small rooms are going to look even smaller. I explained to him that the house was a mess from packing but he didnt seem to care. He said he would warn the people to expect to see someones moving mess. I am still going to be stressed about it. I don't care that we have to deal with it but I dont want some random stranger to see it!

Also, I own rats. Rats are not a pet for everyone. The landlord gave the ok to have "small caged animals, such as a Hamster or Gerbil" but most people do not lump rats in with that group and think they are dirty, disease ridden, pests. I dont agree (obviously) but because I understand others views and didnt want to risk an upset landlord who can still withhold our security deposit we did the polite thing and packed them up quick and drove them to my sister's for a few days until we can get in the new house. To bad my sister lives an hour away and it was already 9pm at this point. Any time we could have spent cleaning up was spent driving the rats. Ugh.

So now I get to rush home after work to whirlwind through the house trying to make the piles of stuff look just a little better and wiping down the kitchen counters and bathroom. Hopefully thats enough. I really don't know what the landlord is expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment